Men's Tennis Falls at No. 44 BYU-Hawaii to open Spring Break Trip
Laie, Hawaii, March 13, 2013 – The No. 10 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team opened its 2013 Spring Break Trip with a 6-3 loss at NCAA Division II No. 44 ranked BYU-Hawaii Wednesday afternoon in Laie, Hawaii. The loss for the Bears was their third-straight and dropped Washington U.’s overall record to 2-4.
1. #32 Yevhen Zakharov (BYU) def. Kevin Chu (WASHUM) 6-4, 6-4
2. Martin Chojnacki (BYU) def. Parker Chang (WASHUM) 6-2, 7-5
3. Wei-Feng Lee (BYU) def. Bryan Haywood (WASHUM) 6-3, 6-0
4. Naveen Chadalavada (WASHUM) def. Dai Peng (BYU) 6-1, 6-0
5. Eric Zishka (WASHUM) def. Andy King (BYU) 3-6, 6-4, 6-0
6. Jordan Barlow (BYU) def. Amreet Mohanty (WASHUM) 6-1, 4-6, 6-2
1. #15 Yevhen Zakharov/Martin Chojnacki (BYU) def. Naveen Chadalavada/Eric Zishka (WASHUM) 8-4
2. Wei-Feng Lee/Dai Peng (BYU) def. Seth Sankary/Kevin Chu (WASHUM) 9-7
3. Max Franklin/Josh Cogan (WASHUM) def. Hua Kun Xing/Jordan Barlow (BYU) 8-6
• The doubles victory for junior Max Franklin was the 30th of his career.
• The Bears are 2-4 this season against teams ranked in the top-50.
Washington University returns to action against NCAA Division III No. 13 ranked Whitman College Friday, March 15, at 9 a.m. (HST) in Honolulu, Hawaii. The match will mark the seventh-straight top-50 opponent for the Bears.