No. 10 WUSTL Men’s Tennis Sweeps Rochester 9-0 in California
Claremont, Calif., March 13, 2012 – The No. 10 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team posted a 9-0 victory over conference-foe University of Rochester on Tuesday afternoon in Claremont, Calif. The Bears won all three doubles matches and posted-straight set victories in all six singles matches.
1. #10 Kevin Chu/Max Franklin (WASHU) def. Brian Rice/Boris Borovcanin (URM) 8-4
2. Kareem Farah/Parker Chang (WASHU) def. Julian Danko/Joel Allen (URM) 9-8 (7-4)
3. Cameron Chiang/Gary Parizher (WASHU) def. Alex Magill/Matt Volkov (URM) 8-5
1. Gary Parizher (WASHU) def. Boris Borovcanin (URM) 6-4, 6-4
2. Kevin Chu (WASHU) def. Brian Rice (URM) 6-3, 6-2
3. Bryan Haywood (WASHU) def. Joel Allen (URM) 6-1, 6-2
4. Tim Noack (WASHU) def. Alex Magill (URM) 6-1, 6-0
5. Parker Chang (WASHU) def. Julian Danko (URM) 6-1, 6-1
6. Naveen Chadalavada (WASHU) def. Matt Volkov (URM) 7-5, 6-0
• The Bears swept doubles play for just the second time this season.
• The victory for head coach Roger Follmer was the 180th of his career.
• Rochester (0-2) was playing just its second match this season.
Washington University (5-3) continues its Spring Break trip with a match against No. 30 Skidmore College on Wednesday, March 14, at 10 a.m. (PT) in Claremont, Calif. Skidmore will make the Bears sixth match against a nationally-ranked opponent.