Men's Tennis Has 17-Match Home Win Streak Snapped in Loss to No. 17 Drury
Creve Coeur, Mo., February 9, 2013 – The No. 4 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team had its 17-match home winning streak snapped with a 5-4 loss to NCAA Division II No. 17 Drury University Saturday night at the Creve Coeur Racquet Club in Creve Coeur, Mo.
1. #30 Blair, Andy (DU) def. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHUM) 6-3, 6-4
2. Gonda, Roman (DU) def. Ross Putterman (WASHUM) 6-3, 6-4
3. Kriem, Lukas (DU) def. Tim Noack (WASHUM) 6-4, 7-6 (7-5)
4. Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Lebedyev, Dmitri (DU) 6-2, 6-4
5. Gary Parizher (WASHUM) def. Manzanas, Sergio (DU) 3-6, 6-3, 10-1
6. Kareem Farah (WASHUM) def. Volckaert, Jorge (DU) 6-2, 6-2
1. #19 Gonda, Roman/Kriem, Lukas (DU) def. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHUM) 8-6
2. Manzanas, Sergio/Blair, Andy (DU) def. Kevin Chu/Max Franklin (WASHUM) 9-7
3. Kareem Farah/Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Volckaert, Jorge/Lebedyev, Dmitri (DU) 8-2
• Lukas Kriem broke a 4-4 tie with a straight-set 6-4, 7-6 (7-5) victory over Noack at No. 3 singles.
• Washington U. is 101-9 (.918) at home under head coach Roger Follmer in 12 seasons.
• The doubles victory for senior Kareem Farah was the 60th of his career, tied for ninth most in school history.
• Kratky remained unbeaten (6-0) for his career in singles with the straight-set win at No. 4.
• Parizher picked up his 64th career singles victory, tying Chris Hoeland (2005-09) for eighth place on the all-time WUSTL list.
Washington University (0-1) returns to action at home Saturday, Feb. 16, at 2 p.m., against NCAA Division II No. 28 Southwest Baptist University. The match will be played at King’s Point Racquet Club in Belleville, Ill.