No. 4 Washington U. Men’s Tennis Has Winning Streak Snapped by No. 17 Case
Greencastle, Ind. February 24, 2013 – The No. 4 ranked Washington University in St. Louis men’s tennis team had its two-match winning streak snapped in a 6-3 loss to No. 17 Case Western Reserve University Sunday in Greencastle, Ind.
Washington U., who dropped its overall record to 2-2, has played four-straight opponents ranked in the ITA Preseason Top-30 poll. Case Western Reserve improves to 6-0, with five of its six wins against teams ranked in the top-25.
1. #3 Adam Putterman (WASHUM) def. #17 Will Drougas (CASEM) 6-3, 6-1
2. Kyle Gerber (CASEM) def. Ross Putterman (WASHUM) 6-2, 6-3
3. Christopher Krimbill (CASEM) def. Tim Noack (WASHUM) 6-3, 1-6, 7-5
4. #15 Eric Klawitter (CASEM) def. Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) 6-4, 6-4
5. Derek Reinbold (CASEM) def. Gary Parizher (WASHUM) 7-6 (7-4), 6-3
6. Kareem Farah (WASHUM) def. Harrison Smith (CASEM) 7-5, 7-6 (7-4)
1. John Healey/Nicolas Howe (CASEM) def. Adam Putterman/Ross Putterman (WASHUM) 8-6
2. Kyle Gerber/Christopher Krimbill (CASEM) def. Kevin Chu/Max Franklin (WASHUM) 8-2
3. Kareem Farah/Tyler Kratky (WASHUM) def. Alex Solove/Richard Brunsting (CASEM) 8-3
• Adam Putterman moved into sole possession of fifth place on the Washington U. all-time singles wins list with 79.
• Farah upped his career win total to 110, tied for 11th on the WUSTL all-time wins list.
• Washington U. has trailed 2-1 after doubles play in both losses this season.
Washington University continues play on the road at the Pacific Coast Doubles Championship on Friday-Sunday, March 1-3, in La Jolla, Calif. The Bears will also take on No. 5 ranked Claremont-Mudd-Scripps Colleges Sunday at 10 a.m. (PT).