Washington University at DePauw University
PDF Version of Washington U. Game Notes
Date: Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012
Kickoff: 1 p.m. (ET)
Site: Greencastle, Ind. • Blackstock Stadium (4,000)
Live Stats: http://www.depauw.edu/ath/live/football/xlive.htm
Rankings: Washington U. (not ranked), DePauw (not ranked)
Series: DePauw leads all-time series, 8-1
Last Meeting: 1986, DePauw defeated Washington U., 38-14.
• Coming off its first win of the season on Sept. 22 vs. Kenyon College, Washington University in St. Louis looks to put together a two-game winning streak with a road game at DePauw University on Saturday, Sept. 29. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. (ET) at Blackstock Stadium in Greencastle, Ind.
• The Bears have recorded a .500 or better record in 22 of 23 seasons under head coach Larry Kindbom. Washington U. must win four of its last seven games to finish .500.
• DePauw is riding a four-game losing streak dating back to the 2011 season. The Tigers are off to their first 0-3 start since the 2000 season.
• DePauw head coach Robby Long was dismissed on Sept. 16 due to his failure to fully comply with the school’s policies and administrative expectations. Scott Srnka, who has been serving as defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach, will lead the Tiger program on an interim basis for the remainder of the season.
• DePauw is a private, national liberal arts college and School of Music with an enrollment of approximately 2,400 students. The school has a Methodist heritage and was originally known as Indiana Asbury University. DePauw is home to the world’s first modern-day sorority.
• The student radio station (WGRE), was ranked as the #1 college radio station’ in 2010 by Princeton Reviews book, “America’s Best Colleges” while the student newspaper (The DePauw) is Indiana’s oldest college newspaper.
• Saturday’s contest at DePauw will be broadcast live on D3TV at no cost on the DePauw Athletics website. Live stats will also be available on the DePauw Athletics website.