Kenyon College at Washington University
PDF Version of Washington U. Game Notes
Date: Saturday, Sept. 22, 2012
Kickoff: 1 p.m. (CT)
Site: St. Louis, Mo. • Francis Field
Live Stats: http://bearsports-livestats.wustl.edu/Football/xlive.htm
Rankings: Kenyon (not ranked), Washington U. (not ranked)
Series: First meeting
• Coming off three-straight losses to open the season, Washington University in St. Louis takes the field against Kenyon College on Saturday, Sept. 22, looking for its first win in 2012. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. at Francis Field in St. Louis, Mo.
• A victory on Saturday would give Washington U. its first win of the 2012 season. The Bears have not started 0-4 since 1988, the last season of former head coach Ken Woody.
• The Bears have not lost four-straight games since midway through the 1992 season – Rochester (42-6), Trinity (Texas) (21-7), Rhodes (26-19), Central Methodist (34-3).
• Kenyon snapped a 24-game losing streak dating back to the 2009 season with a 31-14 victory over Earlham College on Sept. 8, 2012, in Gambier, Ohio.
• The Lords are in the midst of their first two-game winning streak since the 2009 season. Kenyon is in search of its first three-game win streak since 2006 – a year they had two three-game winning streaks.
• Kenyon is Ohio’s oldest private college and notable alumni include former US President Rutherford B. Hayes, Academy Award-winning actor Paul Newman, comedian Jonathan Winters, Emmy Award-winning actress Allison Janney and actor Josh Radnor of the sitcom How I Met Your Mother.
• Kenyon’s men’s swimming and diving team won an NCAA record 31-consecutive national championships from 1980-2010. The women’s swimming team is also considered among the best in NCAA Division III, winning 23 titles of its own since 1984.
• Saturday’s contest vs. Kenyon will be broadcast live at no cost on Bear TV. Jay Murry will provide play-by-play and Matt Hayden will do color. Live stats will also be available on the Washington University Athletics website.